How can we change the system, especially the education system without causing a revolution?

3 min readMar 12, 2021

The most important thing is to look where we start from, where we want to go, period of transformation and only then we discuss how to do it.

1) Where we are: we have a structure that is too big, inefficient and underfunded or at least poorly managed. Unfortunately, we live in a country where the inspector’s driver can influence who will be the next school principal.

2) Where we want to go: we do not have to reinvent the wheel we can take as an example the Finland model.

3) Time period: minimum 1 year of preparation, 1 year of testing (on a group 0 where parents enroll children voluntarily) and 1 year of implementation, so from the moment of implementation, new students will be able to go on the new structure of education.

How? — For both options below, we must have adequate funding.

This is where the fun begins 😊

First of all, the most important thing is to take the education system out of the subordination of the Ministry of Education, through a referendum, so that we can be sure that you can stick to a long-term plan without being politically influenced. Just like Justice should be, but without political nominations. The interim until the establishment of the new structure will be provided by the Minister of Education, after which this Ministry must transform or disappear, depending on the competence of the staff.

I) First solution: The new leader should have only 40% of the leadership power, the remaining 60% should belong to a leadership committee of 6 people, each with 10%. Both the leader and the members of the commission should have only one term, without exception, to be of maximum 4 years and the occupation of all positions to be done through competition. No one should have full power, but a well-established job description with consequences in case it is not followed.

The competition for the members of the management commission to have a gap of two years with that of the leader, so that each leader will catch two commissions and each commission will catch two leaders. It is very important to have the same vision, not the same group of friends.


My gift is that I can understand everyone, therefore I can explain dilemmas or situations in manner easy to understand